Draw command for select in picture rectangular

Discuss the drawing application
tldag

Draw command for select in picture rectangular

Post by tldag »

:knock:
Hello
I m very very new here, excusme for mistake
because I go to use more and more free tools as LibreOffice instead......
where it is in LibreOffice Drawing comand for select in picture rectangular? I attempt to find some hours and need to ask good volunteer :crazy:
thank you
 Edit: Split from Questions about LO in the AOO forum as this question is totally unrelated. 
Open Office 4.2 on windows 7
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Draw command for select in picture rectangular

Post by John_Ha »

Try right-click the image > Crop.
 Edit: Correction - see below 
1. View > Toolbars > Picture ..., to get the Pictures toolbar
2. Select the image
3. Crop. Now move the handles to select the (rectangular) part of the image you want. The rest disappears.
4. Select the image > View > Toolbars. Unselect Pictures to get rid of the toolbar.

You will find much useful information in the User Guides - including Draw. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.
Last edited by John_Ha on Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

On my Xubuntu 20.04.2 computer, having right clicked on the picture and selected Crop Picture, I cannot pull the picture handles. I have to enter crop values in the left/Right/Top/Bottom boxes, or select using their up/down selectors. The change is then indicated by an outline on the thumbnail on that window.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The procedure described by John_Ha is for LibreOffice only. Selecting "Crop" in LO does not open a Crop dialog. It changes the handles on the picture to crop handles which can be moved to crop the picture.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Bill wrote:The procedure described by John_Ha is for LibreOffice only.
Good catch!

It does work in AOO if you select Crop from the Pictures Toolbar which is actually how I did it.
Attachments
Clipboard02.gif
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.