[Solved] Text displays very large

Discuss the drawing application
edells

[Solved] Text displays very large

Post by edells »

Hello, new/inexperienced user here.
I think this is related to Fontwork but I'm not sure. I did do some preliminary searching but as I'm not sure of the problem I didn't have any luck.

I used Fontwork to create some large lowercase letters that I could print for stenciling (like 3" tall) and now when I open any of my other documents the text displays very large, not 3" as with the stencil letters, but so large that I have to slide way right to see all of the document (like I'm only seeing 1/4 of the vertical page and the left margin is quite large as well) and way more down to get to the end of the page. The document will still print as normal but it's just the way it is being displayed that is my problem.

I'm not positive this is Fontwork related because I clicked on a lot of things trying to create/find how to make the stencil letters.

Any guidance on what to undo would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

(OpenOffice 4.1.10 on Macbook Pro, macOS Big Sur 11.5)
Last edited by robleyd on Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Subject edited to reflect actual problem; tagged [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.10 on MacBook Pro, macOS Big Sur, 11.5
FJCC

Re: Fontwork Question, I think...

Post by FJCC »

Try adjusting the setting under the menu View -> Zoom. It is probably at a very high value and needs to be set to something close to 100%.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
edells

Re: Solved - Fontwork Question, I think...

Post by edells »

Boom! That was the problem. Probably did that trying to figure out my stencil thing. Thank you sooooo much! It was driving me nuts! :crazy: :super: :bravo:

Best regards!
OpenOffice 4.1.10 on MacBook Pro, macOS Big Sur, 11.5
RoryOF

Re: Fontwork Question, I think...

Post by RoryOF »

For normal larger fonts it may not be necessary to use Fontwork. The dropdown list beside he font size selector on the Formatting toolbar only offer sizes to 96 pts. But one can enter values up to 999 in the size box.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS