[Solved] Drawing "grayed" out

Discuss the drawing application
RonAlt

[Solved] Drawing "grayed" out

Post by RonAlt »

A similar query to a May 4 posting though different enough that I am posting as a new topic. I have been using OpenOffice for at least 10 years. Previously, I have only used the Text Document and Spreadsheet components. Today I wanted to make a drawing. When I started OpenOffice, only the two previously mentioned parts showed as being available. Presentation, Drawing, Database, and Formula are all grayed out. I read through the other post but that user is on a Mac and seemed to only want the Draw component. I am running Windows 10, v 20H2. I updated my Open Office to 4.1.10 but that did not make the other components available. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by RonAlt on Sat May 08, 2021 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.10
Windows 10 version 20H2
Hagar Delest

Re: Drawing "grayed" out

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You may have made a custom install. Try to repair the application or to reinstall. If the standard install doesn't work, then run a custom one and make sure that all the components are checked.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RonAlt

Re: Drawing "grayed" out

Post by RonAlt »

Thank you, Hagar. In the past, I had always done a standard install. When Draw was greyed out, I did a new install of 4.1.10, but Draw was still grayed out. The Custom install for all OpenOffice modules was successful and Draw, along with all other modules, are now available.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.10
Windows 10 version 20H2