Styles and Formatting Drop Down Items Greyed Out

Discuss the drawing application
jlster

Styles and Formatting Drop Down Items Greyed Out

Post by jlster »

Created first drawing today and then decided it should be landscape instead of Portrait (make the drawing larger, more readable). So searched for a way to do that and learned I should go to Format > Styles and Formatting and then click on Style under New Style from Selection. All well and good except when I get to Styles and Formatting menu the only active Icon is Graphics Styles (textual) the other four Icons are Greyed Out. Searched DRAW forum for "Greyed Out" and got a page of reports, none about my issue. Attaching screen shot showing non-active icons/links. My context menu opens with Graphics active, the arrow shows where I clicked and the box is the response I got.
Attachments
OOoGreyedOutLft.jpg
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on MAC O/S 10.15.7
FJCC

Re: Styles and Formatting Drop Down Items Greyed Out

Post by FJCC »

Try going to the menu item Format -> Page. On the Page tab, you can change the orientation.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Powderdog

Re: Styles and Formatting Drop Down Items Greyed Out

Post by Powderdog »

I had the same problem. When I closed the file and then opened it, "Page" was not dimmed. I clicked on it and then selected the Page tab. It opened to a window within which I could select "portrait" or "Landscape"!!!!
OpenOffice 4.1.6 Windows 10 home