Form field to insert image

Discuss the drawing application
Zort

Form field to insert image

Post by Zort »

hello everybody,
first: im not a pro at this... i am useing open office for many years, but not on a pro level.
i started to create fillabe pdfs with draw a few weeks ago.
everything went fine so far.... but i came to a new problem.

i need a fillabe pdf where the user can insert a image (for example foto of himself) into a form and save the pdf.

are there any (preferable easy) solutions for this?
i tried to google this but have not found anything by now.

i would be thankfull for any help.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Form field to insert image

Post by Villeroy »

On the form controls toolbar you find a button "More Controls" which opens another toolbar. There you find the image control. While attached to an office document, it opens a file picker for images when you double-click on it. I don't know if this functionality is availlable when using a PDF viewer. I only use very simple PDF viewers that do not support this type of form control.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Zort

Post by Zort »

yes it works in open office but functionality does not stay in pdf.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I don't even know if PDF forms can provide this feature. It may be impossible anyway.

This is what I found:
Adobe recently added functionality to Reader so that users can select common image formats (JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP).
https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/ ... anguage=de
This is info of 2018. OpenOffice is no longer developed since 2015. LibreOffice, the successor to OpenOffice, may either support this or will do the trick in future since it is actively developed.
I'll attache a pair of files created with a recent LibreOffice 7. It contains an image control and an image button control.
Attachments
ImageControls.pdf
(45.76 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
ImageControls.odt
(42.64 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice