[Solved] Using Open Office to plat land grants

Discuss the drawing application
Shelbyw

[Solved] Using Open Office to plat land grants

Post by Shelbyw »

I am new to Open Office, and I am trying to draw land boundaries and print them out on clear transparencys. Can someone explain to me how to do this? Help is greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu May 07, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Open Office version 4.1.1 on Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.5
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Using Open Office to plat land grants

Post by John_Ha »

See the Draw Guide here and check if it does what you want to do. You will note that Chapter 10 - Advanced Draw Techniques has eight pages dedicated to drawing to scale.

You will almost certainly be better using a CAD package (DraftSight, DoubleCAD, LibreCAD etc are free CAD packages) as you will have probably better control of the curves and find the user interface easier to work with. CAD packages will also calculate areas and handle scales (1:200 etc) better and output to drawing sheets.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I am trying to draw land boundaries and print them out on clear transparencys
Do you want draw fantasy lands or existing real countries? There are free vectorgraphic/pixelgraphic country maps on the web.
One of them:
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pr ... ra-gallery
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Shelbyw

Post by Shelbyw »

Real counties...Thank you so much for the information!!!!
Open Office version 4.1.1 on Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.5