[Solved] Opening Draw with 8.5x11 Inch Template

Discuss the drawing application
skuddle

[Solved] Opening Draw with 8.5x11 Inch Template

Post by skuddle »

After a couple years of not using LO I just installed version 6.4.

I wanted to create a new drawing, so I opened LO and selected Draw. It opened but instead of a standard 8.5x11 inch template one of my earlier templates opened. How do I set Draw so a standard 8.5x11 inch template appears?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1
* LibreOffice 7.2.4.1
MrProgrammer

Re: Opening Draw with a Standard 8.5x11 Inch Template

Post by MrProgrammer »

skuddle wrote:How do I set Draw so a standard 8.5x11 inch template appears?
To create a new Draw document with a specified template, use File → Open and select that template. Draw templates have extension .otg. When you open the template, Draw will create a new document and will not modify the template. If you do not have the desired 8.5x11 inch template, create one in Draw and use File → Save As to create an .otg template for future use. Read about templates in Help → Index or in User Guides (PDF) or searching for topics about this subject in the forum. Learn how to use Draw by reading its User Guide.

You can set the default template for Draw using the File → Templates → Organize dialog. Use the Help button there or read the User Guide if you need assistance with the dialog.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).