[Solved] Filled polygon with inside corners

Discuss the drawing application
Arewethereyet

[Solved] Filled polygon with inside corners

Post by Arewethereyet »

Okay I can make a 45 degree polygon with inside corners that has no fill but I need one that has color. (This is an 8 pointed star with vertical, horizontal and 45 degree lines. The 8 pointed star in basic shapes is too much like an asterisk.) The 45 degree polygon with fill function does not seem to work the same way. Instead of drawing lines I'm just distorting a solid shape the color I've selected. This doesn't allow me to make inside corners. Is there a way to add fill to a polygon I've already drawn without fill?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10
Arewethereyet

Re: Filled polygon with inside corners

Post by Arewethereyet »

Oh I see. The color has to be applied immediately after completing the polygon. I can't go back and fill later. That's kind of annoying.
Arewethereyet

Post by Arewethereyet »

Well no that still isn't right. I can go back and refill squares and odd shaped triangles made with 45degree polygon without fill but I still cannot fill a shape with inside corners. I guess I'm going to have to export to Paint to fill the shape and import it back to AOO.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Have you checked that your polygon is closed?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Arewethereyet

Post by Arewethereyet »

Yes it was closed. I wound up deleting it and made a series of other shapes the right color and joined them into the shape I needed.