Edit PDF Document

Discuss the drawing application
Bayvista

Edit PDF Document

Post by Bayvista »

I have opened a 90 page PDF doc in Draw 5.1.6.2. and need to edit. There are multiple pictures. I saved it as a Draw document and am now trying to edit. The Doc shows as Portrait, but should be Landscape. Changing the page format to landscape does not change the view. Trying to rotate the page does not work. Is there a solution?

Many thanks for OO Draw. It was the only tool that I found that allowed me to edit a PDF.
Open Office 5.1.6.2 on Linux Mint 18.3
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: Edit PDF Document

Post by thomasjk »

Draw has very limited editing capabilities for PDF's. If you are needing to do extensive editing Draw is not the solution you need. You probably should look elsewhere. I don't know of any freeware PDF editing tools offhand.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Bayvista

Post by Bayvista »

Thanks, Tom.
All I needed to do was re-orient several Pics and I was able to do this With OO Draw. It was painful working in portrait mode, but I managed.
David
Open Office 5.1.6.2 on Linux Mint 18.3
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

The Doc shows as Portrait, but should be Landscape. Changing the page format to landscape does not change the view.
Use a third party sorftware for this task, named: PDFtoolkit Builder. You can rotate pages with the PDFtk Builder.

Note:
The Draw application can handle only one page orientation per document, and it can change only the page orientation, but not together the orientation of the embedded objects.
If you have two page orientation (or the orientations are alternated) in your document, the draw will not handle them properly.

Portable versions of the free PDFtk Builder:
https://portableapps.com/apps/office/pd ... r_portable
http://www.winpenpack.com/en/download.php?view.1012
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

See [Tutorial] How do I view or edit a PDF file with OpenOffice?

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.