[Solved-Workaround] Insert picture shows multiple images

Discuss the drawing application

[Solved-Workaround] Insert picture shows multiple images

Postby Bob Hawkins » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:32 am

Opening a saved .jpg file shows within one rectangle multiples of that image often. I do not understand how or why this happens. It occurs whether I create a rectangle or not to receive the file. I should appreciate advice on the correct method for this operation and a reason for the multiple images, hopefully.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice version 3.4.1 Windows 8 64-bit
Bob Hawkins

Re: Insert picture shows multiple images

Postby acknak » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:51 pm

I've seen similar reports recently; I don't remember seeing any resolution.

Are you still using OO version 3 (shown in your forum signature)?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Postby Bob Hawkins » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:12 pm

acknak
I thank you for your reply, the content of which causes some concern. My OpenOffice version is 4.1.4. I appreciate you drawing my attention to the out-of-date signature. It seems there is nothing I can do regarding the multiple images, however.
Bob Hawkins

Postby RoryOF » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:22 pm

To verify: you are using /Insert /Picture : from file? I remember that there was recently a similar thread, but cannot find it. I think another Forum volunteer may remember the detail when he comes on-line. What happens if you open the jpg in an image editor and Copy it, Pasting it into Draw?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Xubuntu 18.04 (mostly 64 bit version) and infrequently on Win2K/XP
14 October 2016 was Pooh's 90th birthday
RoryOF

Postby Bob Hawkins » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:10 pm

RoryOF
I am using Insert/Picture>From file... as you suggest. I have two .jpg images: 1. the original; 2. the original cropped and resized. Opening 1. in Paint.NET, copying and pasting it into Draw, places it in an already-existing but unselected rectangle, to which it seems attached. A newly-created, empty rectangle is ignored, as one would expect. The image appears to be single. Opening 2. works in the same way, except there are multiple images.
I have discovered, however, that copying and pasting into a new drawing (or using Insert/Picture>From file...), then copying and pasting from there into my previously-prepared drawing works!
Bob Hawkins

Return to Draw