Export .odg to .pdf

Discuss the drawing application
MollyMolly

Export .odg to .pdf

Post by MollyMolly »

I have a 21 page .odg file with pictures. Every time I try to export to pdf Open Office Crashes. Is it too large? The file itself is only half finished, pictures are there but not all the writing. I was just testing it and found that it gets half way through the process and then fails. Any information would be helpful. My intention was that this be a downable e-book. Thank you.
Open Office 4 on Windows 7
acknak

Re: .odg to .pdf

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

I doubt that the problem is the size of the file. It might be something in one of the images--just a guess.

One thing you might try: export different sections of pages and see if you can narrow the problem down to one slide. For example, try the first half of the pages. If that works, try the second half. If that fails, then split the second half in two parts and try each of those, and so forth until (maybe) you can narrow the problem down to one page.

You can then try looking at the objects on that page. It might be something about one particular object that's causing the problem.

If you want to upload the file somewhere (it's probably over the size limit for the forum) and leave us a link, I expect someone can give it a look.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
MollyMolly

Re: .odg to .pdf

Post by MollyMolly »

Thank you acknak. I have managed to copy half the file. It crashed once when I was trying to copy them all at the same time and once when I was doing it page by page. I got the first half exported, added to an email and opened at the other end and am now going to work on the second part. I will update you Thursday as I will be out of town tomorrow. Thank you for your help.
Open Office 4 on Windows 7