Writer: Background Fill icon doesn't remember

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
johnhsneed@gmail.com

Writer: Background Fill icon doesn't remember

Post by johnhsneed@gmail.com »

OO Writer | Toolbar | Formatting
The Background Fill icon does not remember the last color selected.
When you click on the glyph, it activates the drop-down color palette.

The Text Color icon and the Highlight Color icon both remember the last color selected.
If you click on either icon, you get the "current color" indicated in the bar underneath the glyph (without having to visit the color palette).

Resolution: make the Background Fill toolbar icon show the "current color" and make that color happen on the page without having to visit the color palette.

[ I hope this is helpful. I am a huge fan of OpenOffice. User since 2010. ]
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Writer: Background Fill icon doesn't remember

Post by Zizi64 »

The Background Fill icon does not remember the last color selected.
When you click on the glyph, it activates the drop-down color palette.

The Text Color icon and the Highlight Color icon both remember the last color selected.
The Styles always can "remember". The Styles are the most valuable features of the AOO and LO. Use them. Create, adjust and apply your own Character Styles and Paragraph Styles with color letters or color background - as you want it.

(Otherwise the manual paragraph-background colorize feature of the LibreOffice can "remember": you can use the last used color by one click. But it is better to use the Styles instead of the manual (direct) formatting...)
The LibreOffice is a forked project based on the code of the OpenOffice, and the speed of the development of LO is higher.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
johnhsneed@gmail.com

I'm sorry, but your advice to use 'Styles' instead of the toolbar is unappreciated.
The Styles are for settings that should persist as the default value.
I want the Background Fill to 'remember' the last value I selected, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I CHANGE my selection.

My suspicion is that your advice preceded any attempt to verify the issue as I described it.
Please pass my issue on to someone that will fix it.
Thanks.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

If you want an enhancement to OpenOffice, this is not the appropriate place to request it as there are no developers here, only users. Please see [Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
johnhsneed@gmail.com

My mistake. Please make allowances for my ignorance.
JHS
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I want the Background Fill to 'remember' the last value I selected, NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I CHANGE my selection.
Use the LibreOffice or be a developer of the Apache OpenOffice. The toolbar icon of the LibreOffice can remember the last paragraph background color that you have selected from the palette.

Or please give us more details: Do you want to GET the bakground color of the specific selected paragaph, or do you APPLY the last applied background color for a new selection?

The Styles are for settings that should persist as the default value.
You can create many styles - as you want it. (I suppose, you want use only a few of background colors in a single document. You can create one style for each background color what you want to use)
You can apply the existing styles - as you want it, And you can modify the properties of the existing styles - as you want it.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.