Windows 10 button highlight color

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
schlitty

Windows 10 button highlight color

Post by schlitty »

Long time user, first time poster. Hope this is the right place in the forums for this.

I'm far from an expert on computers so bear with me. I use OpenOffice Writer regularly. With the change to Windows 10 I have a very very superficial complaint.

Now I should mention, I made the switch to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) yesterday and saved all my Windows settings, which were many, from my Windows 7 environment to 10. So! This may be an issue just I have. But, I thought I might mention it;

When I activate/highlight a tool button in OpenOffice Writer, like say BOLD. The color of it being activated/highlighted is the same blue color as just hovering over the button. Now this is likely a Windows 10 problem, not a OpenOffice problem. And then maybe it was always like that but now that its a light blue I notice it more than the grey I had in Windows 7. But I was say italicizing something in what I was writing today and then I clicked to turn it off with the mouse and since the hovering color is the same as the activated I couldn't tell it was off until I moved the mouse back away. Superficial and minor I know, but there.

I know basic stuff like bold and italicize has easy keyboard short cuts, but there are others that I always use mouse clicks for like strikethrough.

Now if it is Windows' 10 fault, and isn't something that's always been there but just a different less noticeable color I ask; Is there somewhere to change the "hovered over" vs. "activated button" color in OpenOffice to possibly negotiate this minor issue. And otherwise this is also just a "heads up" about it too. Then if it's always been like that just tell me I'm silly that I never noticed before. :P

Absolutely love the program. Have a good one!
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Windows 10 button highlight color

Post by Bill »

You could try LibreOffice. I tried WordPad, Notepad++ and LO and found that the color when hovering over a toolbar icon in those applications on Windows 10 was slightly paler.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Telx
Banned

Post by Telx »

I just test it with Open Office 4.1.1 on Windows 10 with same results. I agree minor, but it's better to get fixed. I'll keep digging on Windows 10.
Open Office 4.1.1
Windows 10
fitojb

Post by fitojb »

Just a suggestion, that may be a bit naïve, but you can inform Microsoft of the problem via Windows 10’s Feedback application. Apparently, they’ve been more responsive when it comes to fixing problems reported by users.
LibreOffice 5.2 on Ubuntu 16.04