Cut link between "search field" & "find & replace box"

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
yogaforall
Location: Eastern United States, Midwestern United States, Southern India

Cut link between "search field" & "find & replace box"

Post by yogaforall »

1. Somehow the find(& replace) box is linked to the search field found at the top of the document page. I also have the problem of when I am doing a 'find & replace' then I need to do a search in-between actions and that search I placed from the top of the document page changes the 'find' in the 'find & replace' box so that when I go back to 'find & replace' I am not going to 'find' what I originally intended because it has been automatically changed to the 'search' I performed.

2. In the same manner as described in '1.' above, the 'search field' will change the 'find field' to backwards mode by automatically 'checking' the 'backwards' field box under 'more options'. Furthermore the 'more options' menu is usually closed so I cannot see that it was automatically changed. Is there a way to 'shut off' this distraction of the 'link' between the 'search' field & the 'find' field? I often find the 'backwards' box automatically checked when I first open the 'find & replace' menu and also find this to be obnoxious. I would like the option to go 'backwards' in the 'find & replace' to be something that I decide, not that the program OO decides.

At least put the "backwards" button on the first page of the search box so I will know its status.
Hagar Delest

Re: cut link between "search field" & "find & replace box"

Post by Hagar Delest »

LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Cut link between "search field" & "find & replace box"

Post by Villeroy »

Already improved in LibreOffice 4.2 https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=62601
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
acknak

Re: Cut link between "search field" & "find & replace box"

Post by acknak »

I agree that having the search options connected is not a great design but disabling the options entirely (especially wildcards) doesn't seem like much of an improvement.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23