Plans to put more on sidebar?

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
prr

Plans to put more on sidebar?

Post by prr »

Are there plans to put items from the Standard toolbar (such as new document, print, undo commands) onto the sidebar as well? I'm ok with the idea of using some of the horizontal space on the wide displays these days, but there is some unused space on the formatting sidebar, and because I usually combine all toolbars into one horizontal row, using that sidebar hasn't actually saved me any space. If I'm using a sidebar, a toolbar or two, as well as the traditional menu, that just gives me three places to look for stuff. I'd love to use the sidebars to entirely replace the toolbars. Just a suggestion.
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Plans to put more on sidebar?

Post by Hagar Delest »

You can ask the devs by filing a enhancement request (put [sidebar] at the beginning of the bug title).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Plans to put more on sidebar?

Post by Villeroy »

The new side bar serves another purpose. It is not a collection of command buttons. It exposes the properties of the currently selected object substituting some of the dialogs (e.g. formatting dialog).
Regarding the toolbars, you can drag and dock (most of) your toolbars to any border you want.

The side bar is open to extension developers but I'm afraid we have to wait a couple of months until we see anything usable for the side bar.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice