Predictive spelling

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki

Would you find predictive spelling useful as you key in text in OpenOffice?

Poll ended at Tue May 28, 2013 11:40 am

Yes very useful
No votes
Useful
No votes
Moderately useful
No votes
Not useful
100%

Total votes: 2

jrvz

Predictive spelling

Post by jrvz »

I am using a keyboard (SwiftKey) on my Android Smartphone, and it is saving me a lot of keystrokes, so I find it very useful. It seems to build up a dictionary of all the words I use to supplement a built in word list. As I type it offers 3 words that I can select, so that as soon as the right word comes up I can select it. On my older "stupid" phones there was a word list which was used for predictive spelling, but they didn't build up the list for new words.

Open Office also has a predictive spelling, but it does not use a built in word list, or add to it as new words come up, so basically it only predicts the words you have already used in the document you are working on.

It would be a great step forward if Open Office used a built in word list for predictive spelling, and built it up from user experience, and I know that I would find it very useful if it would offer a choice of words as the word built up. I think a lot of other users would also find it useful, especially the one & two finger typists like me!

JRvZ