Feedback/suggestion for Writer features

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
Ruester

Feedback/suggestion for Writer features

Post by Ruester »

The tables in Writer are kind of buggy... formulas get erased when I update numbers in cells that are affected by the formula. for instance, If cell d4 contains the formula =SUM(c1:c5) and I update a number in c5, then the formula in d4 stops working....

Also, would be nice to keep the Formula toolbar up at all times if we choose instead of disappearing after a formula is accepted...

Oh, and my cells never remember their formatting! I format certain cells to carry currencies, but the next time I enter a number in a blank cell (that I previously formatted) it won't remember it and I have to reformat it.... a pain in the butt

Thanks all! I love OpenOffice!!!!!
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
acknak

Re: Feedback/suggestion for Writer features

Post by acknak »

Are you still using OOo 2.4? That version is quite old and I believe some of your issues have been fixed.

As far as formats, that's true--Writer will completely lose cell formats when you clear cells or enter data that doesn't match the formatting. It doesn't work like a spreadsheet; I have no idea why it works that way. I generally try to get the data in, then set the format, then leave it alone as far as possible.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23