Notes/Comments on Writer

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
RoryOF

Notes/Comments on Writer

Post by RoryOF »

I don't work on collaborative projects, so my use of Notes/Comments is to mark items of significance in my document. For instance, I'm currently writing a fiction to fit into an existing historical framework and it is tagged with Comments to mark significant dates and other date related happening. It is also tagged with Comments marking sections to be improved, or other sections to be written. I would find it useful to be able to assign background colours to the differing Comments; as there are likely only sixteen colurs in use, a small colour wheel in the corner would allow such selection. As an ancillary to this, the Navigator could then be improved to show the first few words of each Comment on its correct background colour.

As I deal with the text flagged with a "must be done" Comment, I either delete the Comment, or modify it for date related tagging. In the final instance the text will be printed out without inclusion of Comments, but they will remain in my master copy, in case alterations are required.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS