How to start OpenOffice with several often used files

Request For Enhancement, User feedback candidates for wiki
kabuye

How to start OpenOffice with several often used files

Post by kabuye »

I usually have several common files open in the programme and, once I exit and then open again, it's quite tiring to locate several files and open them individually so, I wondered if there was a way to have OpenOffice load these files every time I launch the programme?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Beginners forum to User Experience
OpenOffice 4.19 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: How to start OpenOffice with several often used files

Post by Zizi64 »

Tips:

- Try to write a batch file in the Windows, what launches all of the needed documents.
- Try to write a macro in the OpenOffice. Assign the macro to an application event.
Last edited by Zizi64 on Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Google openoffice command line and find what options there are.

Use CMD, and type C:\Program Files (x86)\Open Office 4\Program\soffice -? and press Enter to list all the options.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Open Office 4\Program\soffice -writer C:\Users\John\Desktop\fred.odt C:\Users\John\Desktop\tom.odt opens fred.odt and tom.odt. Put the command in a batch file and run the batch file.
Truncated - does not list all options
Truncated - does not list all options
Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
kabuye

Post by kabuye »

Thanks to both Tibor and John.
Much appreciated.
OpenOffice 4.19 on Windows 10