[Solved] Chinese forum taken down

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
floris v
Volunteer

[Solved] Chinese forum taken down

Post by floris v »

I came across this: http://openoffice.2283327.n4.nabble.com ... 84662.html and thought that just locking registration and locking the forums as with the Vietnamese forum is a better way to handle this kind of thing.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Re: Chinese forum taken down

Post by Hagar Delest »

Yes, I was contacted by Marcus (Lange), Vice President for Apache OpenOffice in the scope of a discussion on the Private ML.
There are currently dozens of sex spams and nobody was available to remove them (the starting point of the private discussion).

I proposed that some power users from another area could handle the basic cleaning (what floris and I did in the Vietnamese forum before it was locked) but I've had no feedback from the discussion on the Private ML.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Chinese forum taken down

Post by floris v »

Okay, it's good that somebody noticed and reported that, and at least we know about it, too. That's what I wanted to know.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
floris v
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Chinese forum taken down

Post by floris v »

The forum was removed almost two years ago and we still have a dead link to it on the home page https://forum.openoffice.org/ - can someone remove it? Thanks in advance.
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Indeed. I sent a mail to the dev mailing list.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Done by Andrea.