Abusive language by quitter

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
floris v
Volunteer

Abusive language by quitter

Post by floris v »

See viewtopic.php?f=54&t=86095. We're not too strict about foul language as long as there's some hope that the offender can be helped and learn to behave better, but this is a hopeless case, so I banned him and moved the topic to the Quarantaine. We might post a sticky or add information about account deletion so people don't have to repeat this kind of thing.
Last edited by RoryOF on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected typo in Subject [RoryOF, Moderator]
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: Abusive language by quitter

Post by thomasjk »

+1. Absolutely the right thing to do.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Agreed.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

It seems to me that he knew in advance that he was going to use foul language based on the fact that he stated he "cannot be held responsible for his responces" in the first post of the topic.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Exactly. I read the thread that he registered for, and he was none too friendly there, either.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I've moved the topic to the Private forum to avoid its automatic deletion in the Quarantine and to keep some record of that.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10