Administration todo list

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
Hagar Delest

Administration todo list

Post by Hagar Delest »

I hope that the situation regarding system admins (needing access to the servers) will be fixed soon.
Here is a list of the items we need to fix more or less ASAP. Priorities are just a proposal, this topic is to share/discuss them:

0. Set the mail notification to yes by default and apply the settings to all existing users JIRA ticket created on Feb. 8, 2014 (#7173) then #7286, done on Apr. 20, 2014
1. Upgrade to latest phpBB version
2. Fix IP identification (useful for the board statistics mainly) Done on Feb. 5, 2014
3. Reactivate the automated mailbox (with the ooo-forum-en-service<at>apache.org address)
4. Update download logo (agreed here)
5. Update the landing page logo: https://forum.openoffice.org/
6. Anti-spam mod: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/anti_spam_acp/
Low priorities:
10. Syntax highlighter: Letter to Santa Claus to improve the forum
11. Tagging the topics solved: any interesting php mod?
12. Banning users: any interesting php mod? (some one click button that bans the user, moves it to Ban group and removes his profile information)
13. Activate the script that deletes accounts for which no registration confirmation has been received after 3 months.

NB: once the situation is stable, the next item would be the Forum header update. A consensus had been reached, if everyone is OK, we can move it to the dev ML to implement it.

Other moderators can edit this post to update the list depending on the next posts.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Administration todo list

Post by Hagar Delest »

Good news: the mail notification has been reset to ON by default!
Old accounts have to be updated with a query but at least new users will get a reply, the change is already visible, the topics are more "dynamic", replies from OP come quite faster.
 Edit: May 21, 2014: Andrea did the query, it should be reset to ON for all accounts now. 
pescetti

Post by pescetti »

Here are the notes that I wrote in July 2014 (yes, 2014); note at this point I recommend not to run it now; it's better that we run everything during a maintenance window that we will agree upon.
it is still needed that an admin (probably imacat) logs in and does the following:

1) Open Administration Control Panel (page footer)
2) Open the Styles tab
3) Select Themes on the left, then "prosilver" -> Refresh on the right

This will refresh CSS and fix the white text you now see in the header at
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/
(it will turn blue and be more legible).
It would be useful to know if Hagar/acknak/others have the required level of access for seeing that button anyway (but don't press it at the moment please! there might be other changes in queue that I am not aware of, I will check it). This is what I improperly called "clearing the CSS cache", and it is unrelated to the Forum cache.

I realize we are going off-topic here, even though this topic is about Forum maintenance.

@Hagar: do you prefer that we continue the discussion about next actions here or in the thread you linked to? Very very briefly, I can say that upgrading the forum software is made absurdly complex by the current setup and this is the reason why everybody (imacat, Jan, me) kept it pending; the rest is actionable and it is indeed a shame that it is not online yet. I can prepare a mockup for the home page (which is a simple HTML page, unrelated to the forum) by mid-September, unless I'm lucky and I find some spare time before then; but if anyone else wants to try, they are surely welcome. And then we can split the conversation in whatever way you see best fitting.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 Italian
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Thanks for the follow up Andrea!

I do see the button, I think that acknak should see it also:
Themes.png
Let me know when we can push it!

I've moved your post to the topic I mentioned.
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

I can't see it for the Dutch forum.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
acknak

Post by acknak »

pescetti wrote:... It would be useful to know if Hagar/acknak/others have the required level of access for seeing that button ...
Not here. I see all the same tabs as Hagar, EXCEPT the Styles tab.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You were not founder (I think I remember not being one until not that long ago). I changed that.
You may see it by now.
acknak

Post by acknak »

Yes, that did it. I see the Styles tab, and Themes > Refresh

Good catch!
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
pescetti

Post by pescetti »

Download logo has been updated.

Do we have an updated design for the homepage (the "cover page" at https://forum.openoffice.org/)? I'd rather redesign it completely than simply fix logos. If we don't, I can surely start with logos in the meantime, but redesigning the home page seems definitely necessary.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 Italian
pescetti

Post by pescetti »

A refreshed homepage design is now online too: most is unchanged, but the ugly and outdated images/texts have been reworked as per the thread linked in the original post here.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 Italian
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Thanks Andrea!

There was no specific design on going AFAIR.
If you have something at hand, feel free.
It's already good enough. I would not be asking too much!