Discussion of deleted posts

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
hol.sten
Volunteer

Discussion of deleted posts

Post by hol.sten »

Hi guys, why is anyone answering Scrumdidlyumptious' questions, who's only asking single letter questions, at least after some later editing? I didn't get the point of any of his questions...

Split from http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/vi ... 20&t=59586 as suggested by acknak - floris v
OOo 3.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 • OOo 3.2.1 on Windows 7 64-bit and MS Windows XP
floris v
Volunteer

Re: a

Post by floris v »

hol.sten wrote:Hi guys, why is anyone answering Scrumdidlyumptious' questions, who's only asking single letter questions, at least after some later editing? I didn't get the point of any of his questions...
He edited his posts. I have banned him for one day to allow the mods to decide on him and so that he can't delete his last remaining post.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I agree - I'd ban him permanently, but let Hagar have the final say. Erasing one's posts is antisocial behaviour and we should not tolerate it. Total erasure is different from removing a sensitive sample file, which has to be allowable. Is there any possibility of restoring the posts from a wayback machine?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

+1, so made it permanent.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
acknak

Post by acknak »

we should probably move the discussion to a separate thread, but does anyone know why the poster removed the questions?

I can think of some reasons that aren't malicious.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
floris v
Volunteer

Re: discussion of deleted posts

Post by floris v »

Good point, done. I can think of some not malicious reasons, for instance temporary insanity or a hack by somebody else (which would still be malicious). I cannot believe that anyone sophisticated enough to write packages for OOo can think that it's fine to delete your question when it has been satisfactorily answered.
Nederlandstalig forum
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: discussion of deleted posts

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Hagar Delest

Re: Discussion of deleted posts

Post by Hagar Delest »

I agree with Villeroy.
Definitive ban is what he deserves indeed. I remember his first topic being very correctly dealt with.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10