Self-Introduction (Again)

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
imacat
Site Admin

Self-Introduction (Again)

Post by imacat »

Terry reminds me to post a more detailed, formal self-introduction. ^^;

Hi. I'm imacat (Yang Shih-Ching) from Taiwan. I'm currently a member of the Apache Openoffice Project Management Committee, helping the Apache Infrastructure team to maintain the forum (user.services.openoffice.org) and wiki (wiki.services.openoffice.org) hosts, as a successor of Terry.

Besides the work for the Apache OpenOffice project, I'm currently a graduate student from the Graduate Institute of Information and Computer Education, National Taiwan Normal University. My research project / Master thesis is about computer science education and programming langauge pedagogy. I'm also a member of the EducOOo / OOo4Kids team, a member of the Women in Free and Open Source Software in Taiwan (WoFOSS). In the past I was a freelance lecturer of Sun / Oracle, an OpenOffice developer for OSSII for one year, a web developer for Pristine Communications for a decade.

I may not directly attend to the forum operation often. I suppose we are doing great here. ^_^ But please feel free to tell me if you need any help. I shall work with you to my best extend.

I'm looking forward to work with all the nice people here. ^_^ Together we shall make the OpenOffice community grow and prosper.
Hagar Delest

Re: Self-Introduction (Again)

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome (again)!

There is no major problem except a clear rise of the spammers since beginning of this very year.
You can have a look at: Increase of spam - straight to delete instead of quarantine? (long thread).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

I recall Hagar lamenting the loss of the admin email address. I believe this provided a way for people to contact the admins when they could not log into their forum account. Might Imacat be able to help with reviving that?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Ah yes!
Here are the details:
- Automated response to email Qs
- Site - Forum Administration and that topic perhaps: Admin Mailbox Configuration
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

I also welcome Shih-Ching's involvement. I've had an email exchange with her about knowledge transfer and will do my best to support her whilst she gets up to speed. I will take her though the to-do list left over from the migration including options to reintroduce the admin mailboxes. It's not a lot of work, but it does come under the direct control of the Apache infrastructure team, so I will leave that side to Imacat.
:bravo:
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hello Terry!

Thanks for your support!
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Welcome (once more) on board!

Thanks for you enthusiasm and commitment.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

Welcome imacat.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hagar Delest wrote:Ah yes!
Here are the details:
- Automated response to email Qs
- Site - Forum Administration and that topic perhaps: Admin Mailbox Configuration
Hi imacat,

Could you have a look at that please?
We are still without admin mailbox and there has been a message on the users list this morning: http://www.mail-archive.com/users@openo ... 00139.html

Problem is that I don't remember exactly where was this forumadmin@... mail address mentioned...
Closest discussion I remember is this one: Standardising Responses to Requests.