[Solved] Update to the user services.oo.o landing page

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Update to the user services.oo.o landing page

Post by floris v »

I'd say that the page will look better if the table has the same size, regardless of whether search results are displayed in it or not. On my 1280 px wide screen the table opens at some 60-70 % of the window and grows to some 100 % when you search for something (affecting the table height as well). Setting the width to 90-95 % should take care of that. I ran a little test and at 90 % you still have some margins and plenty of space for increasing the font size of the links.

Sorry if I come across rather harsh by the way. I seem to be terribly Dutch these days.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

screenshot.jpg
This is a shot at a design - width set to 90 %, font size for H2 set to 1.75 em; I replaced the spacing with n-dashes (and added a space in the IT line for better alignment but I'm still not happy with that).
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Got yeah - alright , well I've got the page in the editor at the moment and the first thing I was going to do was drop the use of the table completely and go with just DIVs for the content columns

5% left and right page margins
45% for each content column
keep the results in a scroll area on screen

is what I'll put in place now - and let's see how it looks..
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Looks fine now!
Congrats!
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Looks good! Now for our own logo without the feather, after all we're supposed to be independent.
Nederlandstalig forum
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

well - lost the table and it's now allr containers and divs, got the result box to behave a bit nicer - lost the highlights on the left list...arrgh - starting to chase my tail, so taking a break.

off to add emails to the search index - then come back fix the backgrounds for hover and push it up to the server...
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

floris v wrote:Looks good! Now for our own logo without the feather, after all we're supposed to be independent.
You keep saying that and I keep wondering why?

Did I miss something - I'm under the impression that these forums are now an official part of the project, they are managed by the, well by you guys, but the service now belongs to the group as a whole, not just to us any longer. At least that is my understanding of the situation - wasn't that the point of all the long winded discussions before.

If you think otherwise, lets get it out there now. Maybe I did miss a fine point there.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I'm with Drew. That's the conclusion of the discussions held last year. By agreeing moving to the ASF servers, we were entering the ASF project. To secure the team, some of us have quickly got PPMC role and we still are independent in the way that there is no ASF member on our back. But we are part of it now.
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

You're right. That was agreed. :oops:
Nederlandstalig forum
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Okay, the design is fine and accepted by silent consensus, so what's stopping you from implementing it?
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Drew may have other priorities for the moment.
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Update to the user services.oo.o landing page

Post by Hagar Delest »

For the record, the landing page has been updated this morning just before the official announcement of the AOO 3.4 release.

Thanks Drew for that, this is a nice improvement, especially the CSE!

-> http://user.services.openoffice.org/
floris v
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Update to the user services.oo.o landing page

Post by floris v »

Already posted on the Dutch forum. :mrgreen:
Nederlandstalig forum