[Solved] Move "Extensions" to "Customizing and Extending"

The place for discussions and decisions about the forum
RGB

[Solved] Move "Extensions" to "Customizing and Extending"

Post by RGB »

I think "Extensions" sub-forum should not be under "Applications" but under "Customizing and Extending".
What do you think?
Last edited by RGB on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Move "Extensions" to "Customizing and Extending"

Post by floris v »

+1
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
rudolfo
Volunteer

Post by rudolfo »

I think it is so obvious that extensions are extending the office suite and should therefor be a part of "Customizing and Extending". But due to that I always thought there must be a real good reason, why extensions were initially counted as applications. Maybe because you can install them and they have their own filename extension?
Or short: +1
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

Looking at that board, I see that it consists of issues people have with extensions. It is somewhat similar to the board dealing with Macros &c. There is no single extension in the way that there is only a single spreadsheet, single text writer, etc. Extensions are not part of the office suites. I agree the move makes sense.
+ 1
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I agree. There is no real reason why it had been made separate as far as I can recall.
So I've moved the section.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10