Retaining recently used colors for text on toolbar

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
prr

Retaining recently used colors for text on toolbar

Post by prr »

I often will modify the colors of text (not the background) when I use LO Writer. I do this by clicking the item on my toolbar, which has a drop down arrow that gives me a large selection. Below that palette that opens up is a small section that says Recent, and has colors that I've selected in the last few days.

Is there a way to make LO retain these (at least, until more recent ones have been picked)? For whatever reason, every couple of weeks, when I use this, I see that the Recent list has been cleared out.

I did not see any way to modify this in the Options. I do not use CCleaner that might erase settings in LO.
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Retaining recently used colors for text on toolbar

Post by Zizi64 »

Use the Styles (character styles) instead of the direct (manual) formatting method.
The Styles are the most valuable feature of the AOO/LO.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
prr

Post by prr »

I'm not sure I understand what you are suggesting I do. You want me to create a new style for every combination of color & font that I might want to use, and then apply that style?
LO 7.1.6.2 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

You want me to create a new style for every combination of color & font that I might want to use, and then apply that style?
Is your document a rainbow-color book? How many different color/font are you using in that document?

Just a tip:
Create and use a custom palette.
It is possible to export/import palettes by a special extension:
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/exte ... ette-eport
The result is an a palette in .oxt extension format.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.