[Solved] Is it possible to migrate AOO files to LO?

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
kbellis

[Solved] Is it possible to migrate AOO files to LO?

Post by kbellis »

Minutes ago, pulled the trigger, installed LibreOffice, and am now wondering about all those little customizations I've made over the years in OpenOffice; e.g., new colors, new words, that sort of thing. Is there by any chance a tool for migrating those files from AOO to LO?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Kelly
Last edited by kbellis on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LO6222(x64) • AOO416 • Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Is it possible to migrate AOO files to LO?

Post by Villeroy »

%APPDATA%\OpenOffice\4\user\ and %APPDATA%\LibreOffice\4\user\ are the 2 profile folders where all user specific customizations are stored.
------------------------------
menu:Tools>Extensions should be installed from the respective repository since many extensions are not compatible anymore.

menu:Tools>Macros>Organize>Basic... [Organizer...], tab "Libraries" has an [Import...] button which lets you import Basic libraries and dialogs from the other user profile, subdirectory basic. Go to the directory that is named after the library and choose one of the files to import the library.
The library named "Standard" can't be exchaged. You have to copy the code module by module.

menu:File>New>Templates [Ctrl+Shift+N] opens the templates organizer which lets you import templates from the templates folder of the other profile.

Now I would close both applications (mind the nasty "quick-starters" of both applications), open both profile folders side by side and copy the following directories from one side to the other:
Scripts [non-Basic macros]
autocorr [auto-correct customizations]
autotext [Writer's auto text feature]
config [various config including color schemes]
gallery
wordbook [user-defined spell check entries]
--------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, you should open your prefered components (Writer, Calc, Impress,...) and take a walk through menu:Tools>Options...
--------------------------------------------------------------
If anything went wrong and the application behaves strangely, shut down the application (mind the nasty "quick-starter") and remove or rename the profile folder. The application will create a brand new profile on restart.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
kbellis

Re: Is it possible to migrate AOO files to LO?

Post by kbellis »

Fantastic! Thanks so very much Villeroy!

FYI & FWIW - On Windows 10, the files were under:
C:\Users\V. Kelly Bellis\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice\4\user
C:\Users\V. Kelly Bellis\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user

Kind regards,

Kelly
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Is it possible to migrate AOO files to LO?

Post by Villeroy »

%APPDATA% entered into the address bar of the Windows explorer takes you to the ...\AppData\Roaming\ folder of any logged in user which is C:\Users\V. Kelly Bellis\AppData\Roaming\ if "V. Kelly Bellis" is the logged in user (but this is what I couldn't know).
Did it work for you?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
kbellis

Re: [Solved] Is it possible to migrate AOO files to LO?

Post by kbellis »

Yes, everything looks good upon first glimpses. Thanks again for your good advice.