[Solved] Trying to install update

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
Monique

[Solved] Trying to install update

Post by Monique »

Hi all
I am trying to install the latest version and the installing wizard keeps telling me to close the existing program before it can continue but I have deleted the existing appication?

Now I cant open any of my files .... Please help!!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
openoffice 4.5 on windows 10
FJCC

Re: Trying to install update

Post by FJCC »

How did you delete the existing application?
It seems OpenOffice is still running. Press the three keys Ctrl Shift ESC simultaneously to bring up the Task Manager. On the Details tab, look for any processes starting with soffice. Click on them and then on End Task. When they are all gone you should be able to install the new version.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Monique

Post by Monique »

Hi
Thanks for replying.
I am trying to install again so I can include the full error message.
The existing program (version 5) has been uninstalled and it is not running.
I have closed all other applications during the installation process of the new program.
I was using 5 and it had problems so uninstalled and wish to update to version 6
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Please note that the current version of OpenOffice is 4.1.6
If you are seeing version numbers higher than that, then I suspect you would be running LibreOffice, not OpenOffice.
If it is LibreOffice you want, then the download is through http://www.libreoffice.org
However, if you want OpenOffice, then the download is via http://www.openoffice.org/download
If the old version was correctly uninstalled, then you should have no problem downloading and installing the current version.
However, if you just deleted the files, rather than uninstalling them, then you may have difficulties.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Monique

Post by Monique »

Im trying Libreoffice now as have given up on OpenOffice
Monique

Post by Monique »

I just searched for any windows 10 updates for my computer and it found one.
I have installed the update and now the OpenOffice 4.1.6 has installed YIPPEE!!!!