[Solved] SAXParseException error message, cannot open file

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
ELICK

[Solved] SAXParseException error message, cannot open file

Post by ELICK »

Hello John_Ha,
I will not reply above problem as unfortunatelly it happened to me as well.
Would you be so kind and help me with the same issue.
Even If I followed your tutorial and finally opened the document in preety print but I recognise which are the XML errors in it.
I couldn't attach the file because is too big. I can send it via emial if you would be able to help me.
Thanks for help in advance
Best regards
Elick
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu May 31, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Windows 7, Libre Office 5.2.1.2
robleyd

Re: [Solved] SAXParseException error message, cannot open fi

Post by robleyd »

If you wish, you could put the file on a file sharing service such as Mediafire, Dropbox etc and place a link here so someone can look at the file for you.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] SAXParseException error message, cannot open fi

Post by John_Ha »

ELICK wrote: I can send it via email if you would be able to help me.
Elicxk sent me his .docx file.

1. AOO successfully opened the file and gave 17 pages.

2. On opening the file with LO I got this error message telling me attribute w:eastAsiaTheme="minorHAnsi" was repeated. I said YES to continue opening the file and found it was 14 pages - presumably everything up to the error was shown and everything after the error was not shown.
SAXParse error message.  <br />Note that it asks if I want to continue to open the file.  When I said YES, everything up to the error was shown and everything after the error was missing.
SAXParse error message.
Note that it asks if I want to continue to open the file. When I said YES, everything up to the error was shown and everything after the error was missing.
Clipboard04.png (10.74 KiB) Viewed 2417 times
3. . I extracted document.xml from the .docx file, searched for the error, and deleted the second occurrence. The file now opened with LO and showed 17 pages.
Repeated attribute w:eastAsiaTheme=&quot;minorHAnsi&quot; in document.xml
Repeated attribute w:eastAsiaTheme="minorHAnsi" in document.xml
Clipboard01.png (6.4 KiB) Viewed 2418 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.