[Solved] SAXParseException error message, cannot open file

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
raffaellarossi

[Solved] SAXParseException error message, cannot open file

Post by raffaellarossi »

Hello everyone,

I was working on an open office document and after saving it as a .docx file I was unable to open it again and got the following message

File format error found at
SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Attribute w:cstheme redefined
', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 81299(row,col).

I have read a few of these posts before and saw other people with the same problem but I am still unable to fix the file.. to be honest I can barely understand what they are suggesting to do, this is really not my area of expertise :/ Also I tried to attach the file to this post but it is too heavy.

This is an assignment I worked on for weeks and it's due by Friday...Please please somebody help me!!
Many thanks

Raffaella
Last edited by raffaellarossi on Wed May 23, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10 Pro
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: SAXParseException error message, unable to open the file

Post by John_Ha »

See [Tutorial] How to fix SAXParse errors in LibreOffice files or upload the file so that it can be repaired. Use the Upload attachment tab below where you type (128 kB max) or use a file share site for a larger file.

See [Tutorial] Differences between Writer and MS Word files for why you should always work in and save files as .odt.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
raffaellarossi

Post by raffaellarossi »

I cannot upload it as it's too big - I will try with a file share...not sure if i am doing this right, hope it works. If not, then apologies for my ignorance :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a34mych0jwa94 ... .docx?dl=0
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

I guess you did not try anything in [Tutorial] How to fix SAXParse errors in LibreOffice files because AOO opens the file without difficulty, albeit losing some lines - see file opened in AOO and saved as .odt

Repairing the .docx by deleting the repeated attribute gives this repaired docx saved as odt file

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
Last edited by John_Ha on Wed May 23, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
raffaellarossi

Post by raffaellarossi »

Re : I guess you did not try anything in [Tutorial] How to fix SAXParse errors in LibreOffice files because AOO opens the file without difficulty.
I did try but got lost and could not understand, as I said this is really not my area of expertise :(

Thank you so so so much, I really appreciate your help!!

Raffa
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: SOLVED SAXParseException error message,cannot open the f

Post by John_Ha »

See repaired .docx file later added above.