[Solved] Libreoffice file format error

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
KateMilly

[Solved] Libreoffice file format error

Post by KateMilly »

Please help!

I saved my work this afternoon and when I came to open it again I was met with this message.

File format error found at
SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Attribute w:hAnsiTheme redefined
', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 17830(row,col).

My husband has managed to reopen it on his computer but only the first 3 pages are appearing.

If anyone is able to help I would appreciate it so much. It's my portfolio for my university course and it's due in on Wednesday. I am panicking a little!

I have tried to upload the file onto here but it's too big!

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

Kate
Last edited by KateMilly on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
KateMilly

Re: Libreoffice file format error

Post by KateMilly »

Me again...

Is there any way to upload the file? Even in a zipped folder it is still 1550KB. Or I would be able to email it. Anything really! I'm pretty desperate... :?

K
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

You can try the procedure explained in this tutorial. An alternative is to post the document on a cloud site like Google Drive or Drop Box or post it on a file sharing site like Media Fire. Or you could email the document to someone here if they volunteer. I would do that but I will be traveling today and will be off line a few minutes from now.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
KateMilly

Post by KateMilly »

Hi FJCC

Thanks for replying. Really appreciate it.

I tried to follow the tutorial. XML wouldn't download but I managed to get notepad++.

I opened the document with it but only the formatting codes appeared with no words. I couldn't then follow the rest of the tutorial because I couldn't find the error? I realise this may not make sense. I'm afraid I don't fully understand it!

I do have drop box so I could upload it to there.

Safe travelling. :-)

Kate
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

I have sent you a message with my email ID - send me the file.

Note that [Tutorial] How to fix SAXParse errors in LibreOffice files says that the Microsoft Word Viewer seems to be able to open these files, as does Apache OpenOffice so you do have a fallback position.

Stop saving files as .docx!! See [Tutorial] Differences between Writer and MS Word files for why you should always work in and save files as .odt.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
KateMilly

Post by KateMilly »

Hi John_Ha

Thank you so much. I have emailed the document to you just now.

Kate
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Kate sent me the file.

The error is slightly different to previous SAXParse errors as the repeated item (there were two) was not adjacent to the item repeated, but added to the end of the line. In the line
"<w:rFonts w:asciiTheme="minorHAnsi" w:hAnsiTheme="minorHAnsi" w:ascii="Calibri" w:hAnsi="Calibri" w:asciiTheme="minorHAnsi" w:hAnsiTheme="minorHAnsi"/>" I deleted everything in red and the file then opened OK.

Code: Select all

<w:r>
	<w:rPr>
		<w:rFonts w:asciiTheme="minorHAnsi" w:hAnsiTheme="minorHAnsi" w:ascii="Calibri" w:hAnsi="Calibri" w:asciiTheme="minorHAnsi" w:hAnsiTheme="minorHAnsi"/>
		<w:b w:val="false"/>
		<w:bCs w:val="false"/>
		<w:color w:val="000000"/>
		<w:sz w:val="24"/>
		<w:szCs w:val="24"/>
		<w:highlight w:val="white"/>
	</w:rPr>
	<w:t>Joint Royal Colleges Ambulance Liaison Committee</w:t>
</w:r>
If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
KateMilly

Post by KateMilly »

John_Ha -

Thank you so so much for fixing this. I can't tell you enough how grateful I am. I have emailed you a proper thank you.

Thanks to FJCC as well for the advice.

Kate :-)
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] Libreoffice file format error

Post by RoryOF »

@John_Ha: OpenOffice or LibreOffice as the file generator? .odt or .docx?

What you show looks suspiciously like a LibreOffice error.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS