Unable to open file, SAXParseException

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
hrhaahr

Unable to open file, SAXParseException

Post by hrhaahr »

Hello, I hope someone can help me out.
My editor sent me my manuscript in .docx format, full of comments and edits.
I opened it with LibreOffice Writer and have worked on it for many hours.
Having saved and closed the file I am now unable to open it. The error message is as follows:

SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Attribute w:themeColor redefined
', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 1081661(row,column).

I have tried opening in Word on a MacBook, unsuccesfully.
I have tried to attach the file to this post, but there is a size limit of 128 kb (the file is 134kb)

Does anyone have any advice?
I am not very tech savvy.
Thank you,
Anders
LibreOffice 5.1.1.3.
Windows 10 Pro
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Unable to open file, SAXParseException

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.
hrhaahr wrote:Does anyone have any advice?
Can I suggest that you search the forum with saxparse or even just look at the page.

You will find that there are 21 posts on the first page alone with SAXParse in their subject and the very first post is [Tutorial] How to fix SAXParse errors in LibreOffice files!

If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
hrhaahr

Post by hrhaahr »

I have tried that. Some of it seems unsolved. Most of it I am not able to understand.
LibreOffice 5.1.1.3.
Windows 10 Pro
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Did you try anything from the Tutorial? It gives three methods.

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Your other alternative is to upload the file to a file sharing site and post the URL here so that someone can examine the file and possibly fix it.
 Edit: Be aware that LibreOffice and OpenOffice are not MS Office clones. It is questionable whether either will render the docx file 100% correctly, particularly the edits and comments. 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »