[Solved] Corrupted file SAXParseException

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
Rorkaeppchen

[Solved] Corrupted file SAXParseException

Post by Rorkaeppchen »

Hello everyone,

I've read through the forum here, having the same problem as many others here - getting the error "Formatfehler an Position SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Attribute w:eastAsiaTheme redefined ', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 54609(Zeile,Spalte) in der Datei entdeckt." (Sorry for the German bits)

Like many others I apparently made the mistake to save a file in docx with Libre Office! :'( This will never happen to me again! I tried to repair the file like John_Ha explained in his tutorial but without success! I have an backup of an older version but of course I forgot to backup the last few days and worked on it quite a bit.

When I tried the first method of the tutorial "1. AOO seems to be able to open these files ..." I was able to recover the first six pages of the document but not all 13. When I extracted the xml I couldn't find the error, but it also looked different from the tutorial.

I've lived through different phases of crying and anger the last few hours and ended up with simple desperation! Can anybody help and save my day?

Thank you sooo much!!!
 Edit: Attachment deleted for academic confidentiality 
Anja
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Libre Office on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
RoryOF

Re: Corrupted file SAXParseException

Post by RoryOF »

Try the attached file; there were a number of similar errors in it. Please check that formatting and content are as you wish.
 Edit: Attachment deleted for academic confidentiality 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Rorkaeppchen

Post by Rorkaeppchen »

Rory, thank you so so much!! It's all there!! You are my lifesaver. Thank you!!

Today I've got a valuable lesson in LO, formats and co :(
Rorkaeppchen

Post by Rorkaeppchen »

Could you delete your attachment? I've saved the file. Thanks so much again!
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Done
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS