[Solved] All turns Bold when selecting a line

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
Dionysos

[Solved] All turns Bold when selecting a line

Post by Dionysos »

Hello,

In LIbreoffice 5.3.6.1 (see my spec), when I select a part to format with center or bold then the rest of the document, 100 pages is affected. Anyone has any idea what causes this problem. I downgraded from the newer version to avoid this problem. But it persists.
THanks
D
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Libreoffice 5.6.3.1 (x64), Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Service pack 1
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: All turns Bold when selecting a line.

Post by Zizi64 »

You probably modified the "Default" paragraph style and that style was applied for all of the text.

Please upload your ODF type sample file here (to examine the applied styles).

The direct formatting function works well in my LO 5.3.6 portable version.
Last edited by Zizi64 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

You may have the paragraph style set to AutoUpdate. If so, right-click the paragraph and select Styles > Edit Styles. On the Paragraph Style dialog, select the Organizer tab and uncheck the AutoUpdate option. Select the Font tab and select the Regular Style instead of the Bold style.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Dionysos

Post by Dionysos »

oK Thank You both. Bill, what is the effect of autoupdate? That whenever the default is being changed then every part made with the default will automatically change? I wonder if then it isn't an advantage because if I need to make the font bigger, f.ex then I can just do it all at once. Or do I misunderstand something?
Libreoffice 5.6.3.1 (x64), Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Service pack 1
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Without AutoUpdate, direct formatting applied to a paragraph is applied to that paragraph only and the paragraph style is not modified. With AutoUpdate, the paragraph style is modified and no direct formatting is applied to the paragraph. Usually if you want to make the font bigger "all at once", you manually change the setting in the paragraph style. There's no advantage to using AutoUpdate if you want to occaisionally use direct formatting to change the format of an individual paragraph because the format would always be applied automatically using the paragraph style, which would extend the format change to other paragraphs.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04