LibreOffice File format error found at SAXParse

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
paiper

LibreOffice File format error found at SAXParse

Post by paiper »

Hi, to all. I have a big trouble. I was working in a docx archive and when i went to save it, did make a crash and now i can open it. I've tried whith ms office and nothing.
If anyone can help me, i'll bee gratefull because the document is not mine and there are two days of work loosed...!!

Thanks
(excuse for my bad english)
Openoffice 4.1/Chakra linux
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] File format error found at SAXParse

Post by John_Ha »

Either

1 upload the broken file here (Upload attachment tab below where you write) or on a fileshare site so someone can have a look at it, or

Windows:

2 Rename the file from fred.docx to fred.ZIP.
Double click fred.ZIP.
Navigate to the \word folder.
Drag document.XML onto the desktop.
- Install Notepad++ and the XML Tools plug-in. Open document.xml with Notepad ++. Go Plugins > XML Tools > Pretty print XML with line breaks. Delete the XML tags leaving just the text.
- Alternatively, Google pretty print and upload document.xml to a pretty print web site which will format it. Delete the XML tags.

Linux:

2 Rename the file from fred.docx to fred.ZIP.
Unzip fred.ZIP - you may need to install a ZIP utility on Linux.
Navigate to the \word folder.
Extract document.xml.
- Install an XML editor. Open document.xml with the XML editor and format it "pretty print". Delete the XML tags leaving just the text.
- Alternatively, Google pretty print and upload document.xml to a pretty print web site which will format it. Delete the XML tags.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.