Impress and slide expansion

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
anon_private

Impress and slide expansion

Post by anon_private »

I will be giving a presentation using a larger screen than my 17 inch monitor (presentation will be give on a Windows machine, but created under Kubuntu and LO Impress)

I do not know the diemsions of the external screen

How can I ensure that my presentation fills the screen?

Wili I have image quaility issues on expansion? the slides will be images (in most cases).

If so, how can I correct for the quality issues?

Thanks

LO ver 4.2.7.2.
LibreOffice ver 4.2.7.2
OS is: Kubuntu
RoryOF

Re: Impress and slide expansion

Post by RoryOF »

If you set /Slide Show /Slide Show Settings to Auto, then the presentation will fill the display screen. You will need to check that the presentation display is set to "Display 2" on the Multiple Display settings (check this - it may be Display 1 - depends on the laptop as far as I remember - I can't check on this machine as it is Xubuntu using three displays, so it's hardly standard) The quality should be OK if the screen is viewed from a suitable distance one is hardly likely to be inspecting it with a magnifier.-
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
anon_private

Re: Impress and slide expansion

Post by anon_private »

Thank you for replying.

I see the Auto setting, but multiple displays is not functional on my pc (I have one monitor).

Am I right in thinking that I can set Auto on my pc (and save), but will need to set mulyiple dsiplays on the machine that uses a large presentation screen. The only problem that I can see is that this machine will have the pc display disabled and the large display screen enabled, hence I will not have mulitple screens, just one.

You have said that the expansion will not affect quality, does this apply to Raster made graphics used in impress slides?

Thanks

Ps I have just read Help. It states regarding Auto

'Auto'
'Restarts the slide show after the pause interval you specify. A pause slide is displayed between the final slide and the start slide. Press the Esc key to stop the show.'

It does not mention expansion on larger screens!
LibreOffice ver 4.2.7.2
OS is: Kubuntu