Cannot remove LibreOffice

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
sargentodiaz

Cannot remove LibreOffice

Post by sargentodiaz »

I found that have both LO and OO in the disk isn't such a good idea for my old Vista PC.

I tried uninstalling LO but get the following message:

Please exit LibreOffice 3.3 and the LibreOffice 3.3 Quickstarter before you continue. If you are using a multi-user system, also make sure that no other user has LibreOffice 3.3 open.

The problem is that I have no idea where to go to close the Quickstarter. As far as I know, I don't have it open - just OO.

Help!

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
OpenOffice 4.1.0 on Vista
RoryOF

Re: Q

Post by RoryOF »

Start TaskManager (Ctrl Shift Esc) and kill any soffice processes shown on Taskanagers Processes tab. Then, without restarting your computer uninstall LibreOffice. You may need to reinstall OpenOffice (in case anything common to both has been removed).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Cannot remove LibreOffice

Post by Villeroy »

Keeping both programs is possible and there is nothing wrong with that. Just don't run them simultaniously which implies that you turn off the "auto start" (or "quick start") feature for both of them.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
sargentodiaz

Post by sargentodiaz »

Q - thanks I found the task manager[ had no idea such a thing existed!] but couldn't find anything that you indicated.

Villeroy - please explain to a computer dummy. Where do I find the Quick Start Menu?

Thanks to both.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Tools>Options>Memory
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
sargentodiaz

Post by sargentodiaz »

Well, I went to Tools/Options/Memory and neither one has the quickstart feature turned on.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

I have found that, occasionally, some feature in a program will be turned on even though the box to turn it on is unchecked (as an example).
You might try turning it on, and whatever you need to do to complete the turn on sequence, then repeat the sequence, except to turn it off.
I know it sounds weird, but I've had to do that with other programs, and (so far) it's fixed up the problem each time.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
clwyd

Post by clwyd »

I'm having similar problems with a "need to stop Libre 3 Quickstarter" when I try to install v 5. It seems to be a longstanding problem with OO and Libre but still can't see a simple solution! .. except to uninstall and redo!! That's too much of a hassle. Has the underlying problem not yet been resolved?
QS is NOT set in LO3.4 and no other user is running. Will TM show the process and allow me to cancel there? I did have LO5 installed but it somehow was deleted when I clicked on its D/top icon ( this happened with several other apps/progs.) I can't now reinstall. Any ideas
Libre Office 3.4 / 5 on Win 8.1
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

clwyd wrote:I did have LO5 installed but it somehow was deleted when I clicked on its D/top icon ( this happened with several other apps/progs.) I can't now reinstall. Any ideas
I've never seen that happen with any program. You should check to see if you have a virus that's causing this malfunction.

I recall some users in the past trying to remove AOO by just deleting the program files which didn't remove the Windows Registry settings, resulting in a bogus Quickstarter message. In those cases, removing the leftover Registry entries (at your own risk) is the only option.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you wish to remove Open- or Libre-Office and are having problems, you could use (at your own risk!) Revo Uninstaller at its most aggressive. This should also remove left-over Registry entries.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS