[Solved] Photos missing from Libre

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
ghia589

[Solved] Photos missing from Libre

Post by ghia589 »

Solved Have ( had ) large spreadsheet that started life as excel, then switched to open office. Brother switched it to Libre but many photos disappeared, now just a rectangular block with no contents. Strange, but it gets worse as you look farther into spreadsheet. First pages are fine, sheet 133 should have 7 photos; none are there. Tried opening this "damaged" file in openoffice but no change.

Any thoughts? Thanks
Last edited by ghia589 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
acknak

Re: Photos missing from Libre

Post by acknak »

It's a known problem but there's no solution for it. The only way to avoid or recover from it is to revert to a backup copy of the document, or delete the empty frames and re-insert the images.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
ghia589

Post by ghia589 »

Thanks acknak. I did find part of my missing photos on a hard drive I removed from a dead laptop. I did not delete the blank frames before pasting new photos onto page(s). Would this bother anything you think? I am still not fully recovered, some photos may never be available again. Long story.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

ghia589 wrote:... I did not delete the blank frames before pasting new photos onto page(s). Would this bother anything you think? ...
I don't know; I think it's probably better to get rid of any "leftovers" but I believe that once the document is saved after getting the empty frame, even the empty frame is lost (or removed). I wouldn't worry about it.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23