[Closed] Generic icons after silent install

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
robtech

[Closed] Generic icons after silent install

Post by robtech »

Hi All,

I have recently created a customized .msi package to deploy LibreOffice to a group of users. Everything installs fine and the applications all work, however I only get the default Windows application icon rather than the actual LO icons. This occurs both on the launcher pointing to "soffice.exe" on the Desktop, as well as the individual apps in the Start Menu.

After the first install with default icon paths, I used Orca to modify the original file "LibreOffice_4.1.2_Win_x86.msi" downloaded from the website. When editing the .msi, I selected 'Shortcut' -> and updated the file path values for the 'WkDir' value with the same results. When I manually change the icon properties on the workstations however (to the same thing that is assigned in the .msi package) it works. I have searched all over for this issue with no luck - If anyone has any input it would be great. Minor issue obviously, but I need to solve before rolling out the software.

Server: MS Windows Server 2003 - Enterprise Edition - SP2
Workstations: Windows XP SP2
LibreOffice Version: 4.1.2

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

**Edit**
I ended up using a .js file to create the shortcuts as part of the Logon Script in GPO. I never did get them working with the .msi package but will post a solution if I find the issue. Thanks!
LibreOffice 4.1.2 - Windows XP