LibreOffice 4.O.3-2 crashes

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
dhinds

LibreOffice 4.O.3-2 crashes

Post by dhinds »

If I have many documents open Libre Office 4.O.3-2 crashes. (Otherwise it is working very well).

With 16 Gb of RAM, that shouldn't happen. Is oo less crash prone? (Or are they basically the same)?

(I've used oo before, but that was quite a while ago).

Any suggestions?

TIA
LibreOffice on Sparky Ultra Openbox and openSUSE at present, AOO on SolydX and Win7
FJCC

Re: Libre Office 4.O.3-2 crashes

Post by FJCC »

I do not use LibreOffice, so I'm working off of things I've read here. LibreOffice releases new versions much more frequently than Apache OpenOffice. This gets new features to interested people but can lead to the newest version being rather buggy. I suggest you go back to an earlier version of LibreOffice or you can try the current version of Apache OpenOffice, which has been out for months and I'm not aware of any major problems. Someone here will probably know the latest stable version of LibreOffice or you could probably find out on their web site.
As for differences between them, I don't believe the average user would find much to get agitated about.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: Libre Office 4.O.3-2 crashes

Post by thomasjk »

Try turning off the update checker. Also try resetting the user profile http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/vi ... 74&t=12426
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2