LibreOffice can't convert this file (doc) to PDF

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
zajhn8x

LibreOffice can't convert this file (doc) to PDF

Post by zajhn8x »

I am using LibreOffice 3.6.2 on CentOS 5.8. I convert very doc, dox file to pdf file. But this file can't convert.
I try OpenOffice 2.4.3 and the result also.
I try install LibreOffice 3.6.2 on window. And convert very good.

I want to convert this file on server linux and the result that can't convert to pdf.

Thanks your help!

The file: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?193tvfgss582r92
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: LibreOffice can't convert this file (doc) to PDF

Post by Villeroy »

This is 500kB of binary Word trash showing nothing more than 8 print pages of formatted text. Right?
Whatever that monster file has been fabricated for, you can open it in any software able to display Microsoft Office formats and convert it to PDF with any software able to generate PDF from printer data.
If you are really interested in the text of that document and if you insist in using LibreOffice for conversion from one foreign file format into another foreign file format, you may try to select all the text, paste it into a new document which should create a perfect copy without the malware content of the original file bastard.
Last week's topic on the same problem: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/vi ... er#p251709

btw: I am pretty sure you are not running Linux nor LibreOffice and you are not interested in convering any file at all. This is not the first time I see that file.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
zajhn8x

Post by zajhn8x »

Yes. I am also open it with Microsoft Office. It is convert well. But I want to convert many files doc, docx to pdf. And it is auto by the program. (I can't manual with large files).
Thanks.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

The bad news is that OOo isn't a free MS Office clone. In complex documents, and certainly in docx documents, you can expect conversion problems.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

zajhn8x wrote:Yes. I am also open it with Microsoft Office. It is convert well. But I want to convert many files doc, docx to pdf. And it is auto by the program. (I can't manual with large files).
Thanks.
Why don't you use Microsoft products for Microsoft file formats? Install a virtual PDF printer and let the MS software print to that printer.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice