[Solved] Problem pasting from Calc to Writer (OLE Object)

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
MercJones

[Solved] Problem pasting from Calc to Writer (OLE Object)

Post by MercJones »

Hi there, This same issue previously occured on the same client PC with Ubuntu and Open Office,

An example is:

There is data within Calc, the user copies this data, and pastes into Writer, the result should be the data shown within writer; the actual problem is that a white box is shown instead, stating Object, and if you click on it, top left it shows OLE.

I can do the above same steps on other client machines and see the data when I paste it, it appears to only occur on this one client. I updated the client yesterday to the latest version of Ubuntu and LibreOffice, but the same thing happens still. Any suggestions please?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
LibreOffice 3.5.1 on Ubuntu 12.04
RoryOF

Re: Problem when pasting from Calc to Writer (OLE Object).

Post by RoryOF »

Are the other client machines similarly configured - that is, using Ubuntu and OpenOffice?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
MercJones

Post by MercJones »

RoryOF wrote:Are the other client machines similarly configured - that is, using Ubuntu and OpenOffice?
Hi there,

Before yesterday (when the client machine was on the older version of Ubuntu and Open Office), there were a total of 6 client machines with the same OS/Open office version. This problem only occured on one of them, so i thought an OS update may fix the problem. I've also tried previously reinstalling open office. Not sure if its a setting or something but I can't spot it.

Thanks
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

In Writer try /Tools /Options/ OpenOffice.org Writer / View : Display and check that Graphics and Objects and Tables are checked. Note OpenOffice.org Writer is a lower entry on the screen than OpenOffice.org.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
MercJones

Post by MercJones »

RoryOF wrote:In Writer try /Tools /Options/ OpenOffice.org Writer / View : Display and check that Graphics and Objects and Tables are checked. Note OpenOffice.org Writer is a lower entry on the screen than OpenOffice.org.
Simples, that fixed it, thankyou