ODS shared

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
MJPL

ODS shared

Post by MJPL »

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to work in Calc Libre Office, wiht an ODS shared in a server.
I would like that the clients doesn´t have to register the ODS.

Regards,

María
LibreOffice 3.3.2
OOO330m19 (Build:202)
tag libreoffice-3.3.2.2

Windows7
Hagar Delest

Re: ODS shared

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

OOo and LibO code should be quite similar for that so I think that the lock feature should be compatible: a file opened by a user on a server should be tagged as locked if another user tries to open it. You should make a text to check.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
mriosv
Volunteer

Post by mriosv »

May be you are looking for Menu/Tools/Share document, this lets more than one in the same document at the same time, with limitations in certain functions and changes while it's being shared. See the help for more information.
LibreOffice 3.5.4 AOo-3.4 on Win 7 Ultimate
MJPL

Post by MJPL »

Hello, I think I´ve explained bad... sorry for my english.

I have a Calc (Libre Office) file publish in a server. The Calc file connects to another database server, and the datasource is created in the server.
All the users can download it and save it in their machines.
My problem is, I need that all the users can work with the Calc file but the users cant create the datasource in their local machine. In an Excel file, this is possible, because the conection is integrated in the file. There is some way to copy this Excel behaviour in Calc?

Regards,
María
LibreOffice 3.3.2
OOO330m19 (Build:202)
tag libreoffice-3.3.2.2

Windows7