[Issue] LibreOffice Doesn't Completely Terminate

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
jedchase

[Issue] LibreOffice Doesn't Completely Terminate

Post by jedchase »

When exiting LibreOffice, version 3.3.4 (tried downloading the newest one, but it doesn't download from their site) it remains open in Win XP Pro and keeps about 10 megs of memory locked. I have to go into Task Manager and manually terminate the process. I've tried it several times, and the bug repeats itself everytime. I've waited for several minutes before terminating it just to see if it needed time. I filed a bug report, but I don't understand why I had to register with bugzilla instead of posting or filing it somewhere on this site.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Issue] (link to a bug report).
RoryOF

Re: LibreOffice Doesn't Completely Terminate

Post by RoryOF »

jedchase wrote: I filed a bug report, but I don't understand why I had to register with bugzilla instead of posting or filing it somewhere on this site.
Firstly because no developers come here; secondly because this is a volunteer driven Forum, cross platform and cross-implementation, intended to help Users of any OOo derivative solve their immediate problem; we are not part of, and do not wish to be part of, the disparate fault reporting mechanisms of the separate OOo derivatives. Each reported bug undergoes a form of triage deemed appropriate by its OOo derivative and we wish to distance the Forum from the overhead of such triage and follow up.

The 10 Mbs you are seeing locked may be due to the presence of the Quickstarter in the system tray. This can be turned off in / Tools / Options / LibreOffice / Memory (I''m not using LibreOffice so the path quoted may not be exact).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
franx
Volunteer

Re: LibreOffice Doesn't Completely Terminate

Post by franx »

I've added a comment to
Bug 43052 - LibreOffice stays open and takes up memory even after exit
<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43052>
[Status: NEW · NEEDINFO · CLOSED NOTABUG]

@jedchase
Please let us clarify bug 43052 via Bugzilla. ;)

Additional info
How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport>
LibreOffice 4.0.4 · WinXP