[Solved] Startup error when I start LibreOffice 3.4

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
rpiz

[Solved] Startup error when I start LibreOffice 3.4

Post by rpiz »

Help! I downloaded Libre Office 3.4 and completed the installation. But upon attempting to start up Libre Office a dialog
appears with an indicator bar showing progress; unfortunately it only completes about 40% and shows 'report builder' underneath
the bar, then I receive a dialog indicating, 'Libre Office 3.4 has encountered a problem and needs to close'. This also happened
with the prior version of Libre Office, which showed a completed installation also. I might add that I previously had Open Office
installed on my system and it ran flawlessly.
I am running Windows XP SP3, and have no other issues with my system nor other software.
I would appreciate help in solving this issue.
Thanks
Last edited by rpiz on Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows XP SP3, Libre Office 3.4
RoryOF

Re: startup error when I start Libre Office 3.4

Post by RoryOF »

I can't help with the actual problem as I still use OOo 3,3, which meets my needs. From a discussion on an Apache list (sorry, no reference) where they are trying the various builds for AOOo 3.4 to sort out the licensing, it was stated that Report Builder is an add on and does not use any of the underlying (A)OOo code. It may be possible to startup Libo without any add-on Extensions, but I have no knowledge of how to do that. Otherwise perhaps you should return to OOo 3.3 pending some fix.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Re: Startup error when I start LibreOffice 3.4

Post by Hagar Delest »

Have a look at [Tutorial] The OOo user profile, there should be a similar folder tree for extensions. Try to move the folders related to the extension giving the error message.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Startup error when I start LibreOffice 3.4

Post by Bill »

LibreOffice installs several extensions by default. If you need the extensions, try repairing the installation. If you don't need the extensions, reinstall LO or modify the existing installation. Select "custom install" and deselect installation of the extensions. OOo shouldn't have this error because OOo doesn't install the extensions.
rpiz

Re: "SOLVED" Startup error when I start LibreOffice 3.4

Post by rpiz »

Hagar Delest

Thanks for your help. The 'Tutorial-The OOo user profile' solved the problem. I changed the user profile to '.old' and restarted Libre Office, that
in turn rebuilt the user profile and the program now starts as it should. I appreciate your help. thanks.
Windows XP SP3, Libre Office 3.4