Writer help function problem

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
thirteen_engines

Writer help function problem

Post by thirteen_engines »

I have a problem with the help function in writer and have not been able to find anything relevant to it in the forum. When I start up the help function I get an editor with html code in it rather than a help topics window as I used to get. I'm using LibreOffice 3.4.4 but the problem was also there in version 3.3.3. Anyone know of a fix?
AOO 3.4 on Slackware Linux 14.0 + Windows 7
acknak

Re: Writer help function problem

Post by acknak »

As I understand it, LibO does not come with any built-in help; all the help resources are on the web instead. When you do (menu) Help > LibO Help (or F1), LibO simply opens their web help page in your browser.

If you're seeing a screen of html code, it could be a problem with your browser settings or configuration. Or, it could be a problem with the help page web server.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

LibO has a separate download for the help at http://www.libreoffice.org/download/. The language is selectable before download. You have to download the main program and the help pack separately but both are presented at the link I posted.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
acknak

Post by acknak »

Ahh, right. I forgot about that option. Good catch!
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23