[Solved] Templates dialogue switches up a level

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
sherbert

[Solved] Templates dialogue switches up a level

Post by sherbert »

In Libre Office, (it came with Linux Mint 11 Katya, I was using Oo.o) and only a recent development, starting a new document from templates (path = /home/shane/templates) returns a dialogue which momentarily displays my list of templates (screenshot 01) before switching up a level (screenshot 02). I've fiddled with every possible setting. I always use keystrokes, so alt-F, n, n" should bring me to my template folder and 'm' again should start my standard memo.
this is what I expect to see . . .
this is what I expect to see . . .
but 1 second later this appears . . .
but 1 second later this appears . . .
I appreciate this is trivial and easy to work around. However, I want to get LibreOffice going as well as OpenOffice does, in this respect at least. I also have window focus issues which I will not raise here.
thanks
Shane Herbert
New Plymouth
New Zealand
Last edited by sherbert on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Templates dialogue switches up a level

Post by Hagar Delest »

I've not checked with LibO myself yet but you can try to reset your OOo user profile.

If no change, installing the vanilla version of Libo may fix it, see [Ubuntu] Installing OOo on Debian and Co., the same process applies to LibO.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
franx
Volunteer

Re: Templates dialogue switches up a level

Post by franx »

LibreOffice 4.0.4 · WinXP
sherbert

Re: Templates dialogue switches up a level (SOLVED)

Post by sherbert »

Yes, thank you, resetting the user profile resolved the issue. Of course, for those of us who have gone over to LibreOffice, the profile is located in /home/<username>/.libreoffice/user instead of /home/<username>/.openoffice/user.
Thanks Hagar, you nailed it in one. :)
LIbre Office 3.5.7.2 on Linux Mint 13
"If there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in despairing of life as hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life", Albert Camus