Typing Complex Text Language

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
PrakashC

Typing Complex Text Language

Post by PrakashC »

I am running LibreOffice under OpenSUSE 11.4 (64 bit). I have used OpenOffice under both Windows Vista and OpenSUSE 11.2 without this issue.

I set up keyboard input to Hindi (either Bolnagri or Wx), set up document accordingly in Libre writer. The first key stroke enters whatever alphabet has been selected, but the next key stroke whether alphabet or "matra like ी ू" does not get in. Pressing space bar enters a blank space and the keystroke thereafter is accepted and again the freeze! Thus I can only type in an alphabet or "matra" standing alone and not form words. I tried to type in Hindi in kwrite and it worked fine! So the problem is not from the OS or kbd.

Secondly is it possible to add a TT font set to the package.

PrakashC
LibreOffice on OpenSUSE 11.4 (64 bit)
Open Office 3.3 on Windows Vista Home Premium
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Re: Typing Complex Text Language

Post by Robert Tucker »

I don't think I've seen this problem before. Are you just using the Hindi keyboard layout or are you using iBus or SCIM? Is there a Hindi OpenSUSE or Linux forum where you could ask? You could file a bug report here:

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/

One way to install fonts system wide is to copy them to (a folder in) /usr/share/fonts.
LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.