How to stop "auto recovery"

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
RoryOF

Re: How to stop "auto recovery"

Post by RoryOF »

OpenOffice 4.1.3 runs well on Xubuntu 16.04 (I haven't tried any later version).

Allow a few extra seconds after closing your file and OpenOffice so there is time for the write buffers (hardware and software) to flush. The only time I have lost any content in an OO file is when there was a power failure.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

RoryOF wrote:OpenOffice 4.1.3 runs well on Xubuntu 16.04 (I haven't tried any later version).

Allow a few extra seconds after closing your file and OpenOffice so there is time for the write buffers (hardware and software) to flush. The only time I have lost any content in an OO file is when there was a power failure.
+1
OO is rock stable when it runs in a supporting environment. It is even more stable than AOO.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Hyacinth

Post by Hyacinth »

How much OO capacity does autorecovery take up? How much does autorecovery contribute to crashes?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6
Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

One can stop the Save to permit AutoRecovery by entering 0 for the interval. It will be present in the code, whether invoked or not, so there is no saving in disk space to be made. It is my experience that autorecovery can cause loss of illustrations, whether in Writer or in Impress, so I keep it turned off for that reason - but I have extremely stable computers and save instinctively at frequent intervals.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS